评议
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-4-1 22:26:39 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览

原文:http://eu.blizzard.com/blizzcast/archive/episode8.xml

录音:http://us.media.blizzard.com/blizzcast/blizzcast_episode8.mp3
翻译:Beside, achenliu & shellbird @
Blizzard.CN

BlizzCast Episode 8: Diablo III interview (暴雪广播第八期:暗黑3专访)

Jay Wilson (Lead Designer – Diablo III, 首席设计师);

Julian Love (Lead Technical Artist – Diablo III, 首席技术美工), Mike Nicholson (Senior Artist – Diablo III, 高级美工)

[ 04:01 ]

Bornakk: Welcome to the next Q&A portion of BlizzCast. We have our Diablo 3 Game Director Jay Wilson, welcome to the show!
欢迎进入暴雪广播问与答(Q&A)的下一个环节。我们请出的是D3游戏主管Jay Wilson,欢迎来到这里!

Jay Wilson: Thank you very much.
非常感谢!

Bornakk: We have a couple Q&A questions for you today. The first one is from Daleks on USEast. Will shrines be making a return to the world of Sanctuary in Diablo 3?
今天我们为你准备了些Q&A提问。第一个问题来自USEast服务器的Daleks:祭坛是否会在D3的庇护所世界中出现?

Jay Wilson: Well there are some aspects of shrines that we liked, experience shrines I think are probably the prime example everyone uses. They're fun because they drive the player forward. Monster shrines are sometimes fun because they bring out a rare that you didn’t know or weren’t expecting that could come from any direction and that’s cool. But for the most part, the pure mechanic of shrines, a random powerup that just appears in the world for no reason, we don’t really want to litteraly bring that back. What we are going to try to do is integrate a lot of the best things of shrines into our quest and event systems so that when you encounter a random quest or random event that has a story context within the game it either rewards you like a shrine would reward you or something that is actually built into the gameplay of the quest. So while technically no shrines are not coming back verbatim, we are trying to bring back kind of the best things of them in a different form.
咳,有些祭坛功能是我们大家都喜欢的,每个人都会用到的经验祭坛我看就是个突出的例子。它们如此有趣,是因为它们能驱使玩家深入下去。怪物祭坛有时很有意思,因为它可能在任何地方变出个你没见过的或者没想到的稀有怪物,这可真酷。但是就总体而言,祭坛这个机制从根本上说就是一个提供给玩家的随机的能力提升。而这个机制本身和D2的世界毫不相干。我们确实不想糟粕不分地把这个也带回(到D3)来。我们正打算做的是把祭坛的大量精华思想整合到我们的任务和事件系统,这样,当你在游戏中遇到了一个有着故事情节的随机任务或者随机事件,也许将得到一个类似祭坛效果的buff奖励或者一些整合到任务过程中的玩意儿。所以,一方面严格说来不会照本宣科地搬来祭坛,同时我们也努力尝试把它们中优秀的思路用不同的形式带回到游戏中。

Bornakk: So you'll still have the randomness and spontanenity of it.
那就是说你们保留了它的随机性和自发性。

Jay Wilson: Exactly, and really they are kind of there to change up the gameplay and add a little factor of randomness, but we felt that very few of the shrines actually did that – accomplish that goal...
确实,而且它们确实能稍微加快游戏进程并能增加些许随机因素,但是我们觉得几乎没有祭坛能做到这点——达成这个目标。

Bornakk: Stamina shrine?
耐力祭坛呢?

Jay Wilson: Yeah, stamina shrine lets you run a long time. Skill shrine made you a little bit more powerful. We feel like we can take the best and put them within actual events that are a lot more fun and have a lot more gameplay to them.
是的,耐力祭坛能让你长时间跑动,技能祭坛让你稍稍猛一点。我们想取其精华并将其放置到实实在在的、更有乐趣、也能为玩家带来更多游戏内容的事件中。

[ 05:41 ]

Bornakk: Alright, great. The next question is from David Nishball in Fairfield, Connecticut. Will buildings and towns be enterable, like Atma's Bar was from Diablo 2’s second act?
好的,不错!下一个问题来自Connecticut州Narefield的David Nishball:所有建筑以及城镇都是可以进入的吗,就像D2中第二幕的Atma's Bar(译注:Atma中文版一般译为亚特玛,鲁高因右下角那个酒吧,传送门上去一点点,pass ACT2的时候得走过去和Atma谈话)那样?

Jay Wilson: There probably will be some buildings, my guess is not too far off from how many were enterable in Diablo 2. Most towns we don’t make all the buildings enterable, it’s just a ton of art to create for very little reason. Most people tear through the towns at lightning speed, so they don’t have a desire to go into the individual buildings. But we do have some specialty buildings that I’m sure we’ll go inside of throughout the quest course of the game.
也许会有一会建筑(可进入),我估计数量上和D2中那些可进入的建筑相差不远。绝大部分的城填中的建筑并非都是可以进入的,这样做只是事倍功半地大量消耗美工,大多数人闪电般路过城镇,他们并不想进入某个建筑一探究竟,但是我们确实有一些为了完成游戏任务进程而必需进入的特别建筑。

[ 06:19 ]

Bornakk: Okay. The next question is from James on USWest. Will there be a diverse selection of items that are viable for the end-game or will it follow the WoW-type style where there is more like one end-all-be-all set for each class?
好的。下个问题来自USWest的James,是否有多种多样的终级装备选择,还是走每个职业“一套打天下”的WoW风格?

Jay Wilson: It’s definitely diverse and it’s diverse on a lot of different fronts. When you think about Diablo 2, all the different ways you can build your character, we really expanded all the ways you can customize your character by adding in the rune system. Not only can you completely customize your skill set, much more so than you can in game like most MMOs like World of Warcraft, because of that, the items you want are based upon the skill set that you’ve chosen or the type of build that you are trying to create.
绝对是多元化的,而且多元在不同方面。想想D2,所有各式各样培养角色的手段,我们实际上还在此基础上加入了符文系统来进一步充实你的角色培养路线。你能做到的,比在像WoW那样的MMO中所能做到的要多得多,甚至能完全自定义技能设置,正因如此,你所渴求的装备是基于你的技能选择或者跟据你为你的角色制定的预期类型而定的。

And items, one of the things we are trying to do is focus on this even greater element of defining your build. So really it's up to the player on what kind of stats they want on their character, but we're definitely not shooting for a, "oh here's the barbarian armor", there is a set and when you get the full set you're done. That's just not very Diablo and it's not really the kind of gameplay we're going for. If anything we’d like the item set to be a lot more diverse than it was in Diablo 2.
至于装备,一件我们正在致力干的事就是在这个影响你的角色制定的重大元素上投入更多精力。真的,装备取决于玩家对其角色的预期,但是我们绝对不会搞出这么个东西“噢!这个是野蛮人甲!”也不会搞出这么一个套装,当你凑齐一套,你就飞升了。这样似乎不太Diablo,但这确实不是我们想要的游戏体验。如果说还有什么是我们想在套装上实现的,就是让它们比在D2中更加多样化。

Bornakk: Always something to collect right?
总会有所追求是吧?

Jay Wilson: Exactly, always a new build to try out.

完成正确,总会想做新的尝试。

[ 07:39 ]

Bornakk: Right, exactly. The last question we have today is from James Wichtowsky. Have you settled on a particular color scheme for item drops?
好好好,今天最后的问题来自James Wichtowsky:你们已经设定好掉落物品的颜色了么?

Jay Wilson: We've kind of gone round and round on color scheme. I know with World of Warcraft when they decided on a color scheme to fit quality, they were taking that from Diablo 2 and other MMOs, but they chose a color set that they felt was easier to read. We actually tried to emulate that for awhile, I think actually our announcement build or maybe our BlizzCon build was actually using a color scheme very similar to World of Warcraft and we generally found we just didn’t like it, it didn’t feel Diablo. So something as simple as that didn’t feel Diablo anymore.
我们对色彩方案作过多种尝试。我知道WoW采用颜色来区分品质,这招就是他们从D2以及其它MMO中学拿来的,但最终,他们使用了一套他们认为易于辨识的方案。开始我们曾模仿过那套色彩,我想我们当初的发布版本也许还包括BlizzCon版本就用的是一套和WoW非常相似的色彩方案,而我们一帮子人都觉得不爽,它一点也不Diablo,反正就觉得完全没Diablo味了。

Color scheme is pretty solid right now, it follows very closely to the Diablo 2 color scheme. We slightly shifted some of the hues to help, especially with color blindness, to try and get some of the more problematic combinations. We took out, for example, uniques were gold, we’ve changed their color I think we did purple which is a bit of a nod to World of Warcraft but the problem was gold and yellow were really close. Even though the gold lettering was unique and everything it was often very difficult to tell the two apart. So we just did that not to get away from Diablo but to try and fix that kind of readability issue. What we found is that if we try and get too far from Diablo it doesn't feel right, so right now magic items are blue, rare items are yellow, unique items I think they're purple – I'm operating off memory here but they might be different actually because I think we use purple for something else for an item type we haven’t announced yet. Then if we do set items they'll be green, we haven't made a call on set items yet.
色彩方案现在已颇为素色,它非常接近D2的色彩设计。我们为了帮助辨识——特别为了色盲,还努力找出了那些容易混淆的东西,对其稍微地调整了色调。我们的改动,比如唯一物品是暗金色的,我们把它的颜色改成紫色似乎是在向WoW示好,而实际上是因为暗金和亮黄(亮金)实在太近接了。即便暗金的字体也是独立唯一的,我们依然很难分辨出两者。于是我们采取了一套即不太偏离暗黑基调,同时又修正了一些可读性问题的方案。我们发现远离Diablo风格的感觉很不好,所以,现在魔法物品是蓝色,稀有物品是亮黄(亮金),唯一物品我想会是紫色——我记忆中是这样但是他们很可能最终会有所改变,因为我们有可能把紫色赋给一种目前还没有公布的新物品品种。如果还有套装,那么它们会是绿色,不过我们目前还没有涉及到套装具体设计。

Bornakk: Okay, well that’s all the questions we have for today, thanks for coming in Jay.
好啦,这些就是今天的全部问题啦,多谢捧场,Jay。

Jay Wilson: My pleasure.
我的荣幸。

[ 15:03 ]

Bashiok: Welcome to BlizzCast 8, my name is Bashiok your Diablo III Community Manager. With me today is Julian Love, Lead Technical Artist and Mike Nicholson, our UI guy, he’s a Senior Artist on Diablo III.
欢迎收听暴雪广播第8期,我叫Bashiok,是暴雪暗黑3的社区管理员。今天,我们请到了首席技术美工Julian Love,以及高级美工,或称界面小子的Mike Nicholson。

Bashiok: Starting with Julian some people may know you from WWI and BlizzCon, you were up on stage giving some presentations, for those who don’t know you personally what do you do on Diablo III?

先从Julian开始。很多人从WWI和BlizzCon上听说过你,你曾在台上做过简短介绍。对那些不认识你的人来说,介绍一下你主要从事暗黑3的哪方面工作呢?

Julian: Well I do a lot of things, I’ll try to cover them briefly. So I run the Technical Art department, and the kinds of things we do there are we build a lot of custom art tools to make production go a lot easier, and we also rig characters which is a way of sort of making them "puppetable", so the animators can define how they’re going to move, and probably the biggest visual contribution we make is through special effects, breakables, and lighting.

额,我有很多事做,那就简要概括一下吧。我在技术美工部门工作,我们所做的事情就是制作一些定制的艺术工具来让作品更容易完成。同时我们也会像控制木偶一样操作角色,所以动画决定了他们如何行动。我们贡献的最主要的视觉效果应该是通过特效、破坏效果以及光照反映出来的。

Bashiok: Very cool, and Mike Nicholson who is a new face and voice to those following Diablo III, what do you do on the team?

很酷。Mike Nicholson对暗黑3的追随者来说是一个新面孔,你在团队里司何职?

Mike: I'm a Senior Artist and I’m in charge of all the interface. Also known as "The UI Guy".

我是负责所有界面设计的高级美工,也就是“界面小子”。

Bashiok: So Mike, actually I wanted to touch on something you did in the past. I was at your office a few weeks ago and found out you were Lead Designer and Lead Art on a game which was near and dear to me which was called Sanitarium. Without going into it too much, that was a point and click adventure game, so how did you get from that to working here at Blizzard?

好的Mike,事实上我想要了解一下过去你所完成的任务。几周前当我在你的办公室时,我发现你是一个我很喜欢的游戏的首席设计师和首席艺术家。那个游戏叫做疯人院。关于这个不研究太多,这是一个点击式冒险游戏(Point and Click Adventure Game)。那么,你现在在暴雪工作的时候从原来的游戏中得到了哪些经验呢?

Mike: Well, I’m glad you liked it, I’m proud of that game. Well the thing was when we did Sanitarium unfortunately even though it was well received, everyone who played it liked it, not that many people played it. Well eventually they did. We kind of got there as the party was going out...

额,我很高兴你喜欢这个游戏,我也为它骄傲。我们在疯人院这个游戏所做的就是让游戏大受欢迎,每个玩过的人都喜欢,但是玩的人却不多。当然最后他们做到了。我们的队伍解散了,因而我们困惑了……

Bashiok: For point and click adventures...

点击式冒险游戏……

Mike: So, you know you kind of take a look around and go well I guess I need to get back into art. Came out to California and started doing 3D environments and kind of worked all the way back up to interface, where I’m back to doing 2D art again.

额,你对我做了一番了解,那么下面我猜我应该回到艺术这个话题了。来到加州开始3D环境工作然后将他们全部回归到界面上,我又开始2D美术工作了。

[ 17:01 ]

Bashiok: Julian back to you, one of the major effects systems is the death system which kind of goes over how monsters die. Which is one of the cooler parts of the game, and we’ve seen a little bit of that before at WWI and BlizzCon, but what is the system and can you explain it to those listening and what does it do in the game?

再回到你Julian。死亡系统是一个主要的特效系统,它演示了怪物是如何死亡的。这是游戏中一个很酷的部分。我们在WWI和BlizzCon上已经小有了解,但是这具体是个什么系统?你能向听众们解释一下它在游戏中的作用吗?

Julian: Yeah, something pretty close to my own heart there, was we really recognized that monsters really live to die in Diablo. You really don’t have a lot of time to express their personality, and you don’t have a lot of time to try to make your experience with monsters meaningful. Most of what you’re doing is killing them. So one of the things I was really interested in doing was making as many different ways for monsters to die as possible. So that was kind of the goal, and think we’re up to something like 35 ways for any given monster to “bite it” at this point. But the basic theory is to really extend on the idea that Diablo II started with, which was that you would hit monsters and you would see the damage you did to them reflected on them. And we said, well let’s take that further, monsters could burn to death when you hit them with a firey sword, and then we added the idea of crits and monsters could explode across the screen, and it just kind of went from there. But that’s essentially the idea.

好的。对我来说有一样东西很重要,也是我们真正了解的,在暗黑中怪物生来就是要死的。你不会有花很多时间表现他们的个性,你也不会有很多时间把怪物做得多么有意义。你所要做的就是杀掉怪物。所以我所热衷于完成的效果之一就是让怪物拥有尽可能多的死法。这就是我们的目标,想想看,我们为每个怪物设计了35种被打倒的方法。但是最初的思想是暗黑2的一次延伸。在暗黑2中你攻击怪物以后他们会表现出来受到了你的多少伤害。然后我们说,那就把这个发扬光大吧。当你用附加火焰的剑攻击他们的时候,怪物会被灼伤。我们还增加了怪物被暴击的效果以及被打飞到屏幕外面的想法。这就是本质上的想法。

Bashiok: Very cool. A lot of the effects that you make factor in to the abilities that the characters are using, so fire and arcane and all that stuff, but in the world of Diablo it seems like there are very specific magic types that exist... it is actually a pretty broad spectrum, but is there any limitation there to what you can do with … different damage types?

很酷。你为角色制作了很多技能效果,也就是火焰啊奥术啊之类的,但是在暗黑中他们看上去是一种很特别的魔法效果……法术的范围实际上很广阔,但是你能否做些什么限制……不同的伤害类型呢?

Julian: Yeah in fact that’s a common input that I’ll receive is “Hey this guy’s a firey this or whatever, but can we make that fire look green?” And that’s where the sort of designer in me has to kind of come out and say, wait a minute if we make fire green all of a sudden it’s a bit of a miscommunication in terms of the gameplay. And so there is a bit of constraint there that, at one point I’m trying to make things look as epic as they can, but at the same time they have to be really clear to the player so that they’re not confused that you know, green fire might mean poison. Then there’s the other part of it which is it’s really easy in my department to make a big mess. We can just clobber the screen with so many effects that you just can’t see the game anymore. So those are really the two constraints we really work with most.

是的,事实上那是一种普遍的想法,我要接受的是“嘿,这个人的效果是火焰还是什么,但是我们能不能让火变成绿色的?”这就是我们这些设计师需要出来说话的时候,如果我们突然把火变成绿色了,这将会对游戏体验产生错误的信息传达效果。所以是有很多约束的,一方面我要让效果尽可能华丽,同时我也得让效果很贴近玩家,以至于他们不会把绿色的火理解成毒素。还有一点很容易让我的团队搞得一团糟。我们可以不停地用各种特效震撼屏幕,结果你在游戏里什么也看不清了。所以这两点约束是我们在工作中真正注意的。

[ 19:43 ]

Bashiok: Back to Mike, since people saw the game at BlizzCon – they got to play it at BlizzCon – which was exciting for everybody, the interface and the UI has actually changed pretty dramatically even since then, it’s been an iterative process … since the conception of the game really, but uh so for those that didn’t see it at BlizzCon or even those who did what are the changes that have come about since then?

再回到Mike。自从人们在BlizzCon上看到游戏——他们在BlizzCon激动地试玩,界面产生了戏剧性地变化,并且成为一项不断更新的项目……根据游戏理念,对那些在没在BlizzCon看过游戏甚至是看过的人来说,游戏界面从那以后产生了哪些变化?

Mike: Well one of the biggest things involved in Diablo are items, right? We’ve experimented with a few things and one of the big things that everyone liked from Diablo, as an entity, were the large objects right. While it was more efficient to go with a WoW style one size fits all icon, which is what most people have seen, we really wanted to see what we could do and so we went back and reevaluated the system and we’ve decided split it into large and small objects. That brings up the question of tetris inventory all over again, and a lot of people are opposed to that, some people like it, some people don’t. So what we did we ended up tabbing the inventory, so now you have your large items, and then you have a tab for small items, and there’s a third tab for quest items. That way all the items can coexist nicely with each other without the frustration, which was one of the complaints about the old system is the frustration in trying to fit everything into your pack.

额,暗黑中最重要的项目之一是装备,对么?我们试验过一些效果,在暗黑中大家很喜欢的一个亮点——装备大图标。很多人都已经见过魔兽世界中那种所有物品用同样大小的图标的方式,那样效率很高,但是我们很想回归并且重置我们的系统,于是我们决定将物品分割为大物件和小物件。这样又会带来俄罗斯方块式背包(暗黑2中的模式)的问题。很多人反对这种效果。有人喜欢有人厌。所以最终我们为包裹加上了标签,现在你拥有大型物品包裹,同时你也可以切换到小物品背包,还能切换到任务物品包裹。这样所有物品就可以更好地共同出现,不用烦恼像在旧系统中那样抱怨如何摆放物品。

Bashiok: And are we still going to see the bag system coming back, the expandable [inventory] with the bags, or is it a set inventory size for each tab?

那么,我们还会见到背包系统回归吗,就是扩大道具栏的背包,还是说物品包裹的格子数量是固定的?

Mike: Current design right now is to have bags. You’ll get bags and they will expand, you know kind of like in WoW, except you’re not going to open up separate windows. You’ll start off your inventory with say… you know, eight slots, right, and then you’ll get a new bag and that has ten, so two more slots will open up within that tab, but you’ll never have multiple tabs. Like you won’t have two or three “large” tabs.

当前的设计包括背包。你会得到背包来扩大物品格数目,就想魔兽世界中那样,除非你不想扩大空间。开始时你的包裹将有8个空间,8个。随后你会得到一个有10个格子的新背包,那么你就可以得到两个新的空间。但是你不会得到更多的标签,也就是不会有两三个“大型”标签。(用以切换物品类型的标签)

[ 21:44 ]

Bashiok: Right, and is that working out pretty well so far? It’s been in testing for a while.

好的。那么现在这个系统完成了吗?它已经测试了很久了。

Mike: Yeah, most people seem to really like it. I mean the feedback has been pretty good, personally I love it, because it lets you do both, it lets you have the large icons but it eliminates the frustration that people voiced about having different sized items within your inventory.

是的,看上去很多人喜欢它。我的意思是系统反响很好。我个人很喜欢这个系统,因为它让你拥有大物品图标,同时不会对你造成物品大小不同带来的一些困难。

Bashiok: And you can really see the artwork as it is now with the larger icons...

嗯现在你能看到贴图都是大物品图标……

Mike: Oh yeah, very much so.

哦也,是的。

Bashiok: Also, on iterative processes, a lot of BlizzCon saw the skill icons. And there’s been some talk in the community that the skill icons are definitely a departure from what we saw in Diablo II. Which were these gold runes, almost, I guess. So what was the decision there to make a change to the skill icons, and do, y’know colorful skill icons?

还有一个一直变化的进程,很多BlizzCon玩家看到了技能图标。在论坛里有一些人认为技能图标与我们在暗黑2中见到的想去太远。我猜这里说的是金色的符文。那么你们是如何决定改动技能图标,额,彩色图标?

Mike: I am unabashedly a fan of WoW, I’ll probably catch flak “oh you’re making it look like WoW oh no!” but I love them, I love the WoW icons. And y’know what we’re trying to do is see, ok what works about the WoW icons? They’re illustrative; is there a way to try to maybe bridge the gap. You know what worked about the more symbolic DII icons, and what works with the WoW icons, and trying to find a way to put the two together. And that’s really what I’m trying to do is to try to make them more symbolic, so they’re not necessarily little murals, but they are painterly. So they are colorful because you’re going to have a lot more of them than you would in DII. So you have the hot bar at the bottom, and you want that to look colorful enough that it’s interesting, but not to the point where it’s an eyesore. And quite honestly I’ve made many iterations on the icons, and there’s still many to come. It ends up being a balancing act, you know I test them out what they look like next to each other, and if they’re too colorful – tone it down.

不怕你们说,我是一个魔兽世界的爱好者。我可能会被喷“啊你把游戏做的跟魔兽世界一样哦天哪!”,但是我喜欢魔兽世界的图标。我们要做的是,看看魔兽世界的图标带来了什么?它们具有说明性;有没有办法消除隔阂。你知道暗黑2中的图标更具符号意义,也知道WoW图标的效果,我们试着让二者合一。这就是我真正想做的,就是让它们更加符号化,不必像壁画一样,但是要有艺术性。所以他们变成彩色的了,因为你要拥有比在暗黑2中多的多的技能。所以屏幕下方有快捷栏,里面的图标得看上去光鲜有趣,而不是你的眼中钉。说老实话我在图标上反复研究过很多次,但是仍然还有很多路要走。最终我们会达到一个平衡。我不断测试他们互相放在一起时的效果,如果太华丽了——去掉。

Bashiok: One of the things I like about them is, without even looking at your hot bar you can kind of see, oh this one looks blue and cold it’s probably an ice spell of some type. So without even mousing over it to see what it is I can tell it’s at least of a specific magic or damage type or skill use...

这种系统我最喜欢的是,你不需要仔细看快捷栏,这个看上去蓝色冷色系的图标表示某种冰系法术。所以不用把鼠标移到技能上你至少就可以分辨出来这是一个魔法、伤害类型、怎么用……

Mike: You know one of the best experiences I’ve had at Blizzard is the iterative process, which some artists don’t like, but I personally love it. Because it lets me test stuff out. For a while I was trying out, ok let’s do color theory… ok so all the berserker skills will be this tone, and all the battle master will be this tone. And you know on paper it looked good, sounded good, ok it’s a nice theory but what we found is when you put them on the hot bar, if you went down a certain tree now everything’s the same color at the bottom and it’s hard to tell them apart. You know, ok I get a gold star for being clever, but then I lose points because it’s not playable. So you know you go back once again, scrap it, and reevaluate it. But I love that process.

我在暴雪最棒的体验就是反复的开发进程。很多美工不喜欢这样,但是我个人很喜欢。因为这让我能对作品彻底检验。有段时间我在尝试,好吧做颜色理论……所有的狂战士系技能是这个色调,所有的战斗大师技能是这个色调。你知道这些东西在纸上写的好看,听的好听,好的这个理论不错,但是我们发现当你把技能放在快捷栏上的时候,如果你仔细看看技能树就会发现他们都是一个颜色的,放在快捷栏里很难分辨。好吧我为了漂亮得到一枚金星,但是我失去了很多点数因为他们不适合游戏。所以你只好重新来过,粉碎,重置。但是我喜欢这个过程。

[ 24:46 ]

Bashiok: Back to Julian, the Thousand Pounder...

回到Julian,千斤坠(Thousand Pounder)……

Mike: Julian is not a Thousand Pounder! Kind of rude… [laughs]

Julian不是千斤坠!太粗鲁了……(笑)

Bashiok: [laughs] At WWI we unveiled the Thousand Pounder and it had this really grand entrance where it was assembled out of the pieces of these sacrificed uh… I guess virgins, if you will. It was such a grand entrance for that monster, how did that come about?

(笑)在WWI上我们公布了千斤坠这个怪物,它有着宏大的出场秀,它的骨架组成来自几个处女的牺牲……我猜,如果你们是这么想的话。这样的出场很宏大,这是怎么想出来的?

Julian: Well yeah, I recognize that it probably looks like it was really planned out and something that we worked on for a very long time. It was one of those things where we originally wanted it to come busting through the wall there, because breakables being what they are they’re kind of the hot thing in the game, but I think there was some recognition that when you have a monster of that shape busting through a wall it’s starts to look like a Kool-Aid commercial...

额,我知道这个是我们策划并且制作了很久的。最初我们是想让它穿过墙壁,因为破碎效果在游戏里很震撼。但是我认为我们要认识到这样一个外形的怪物要破开墙壁它看上去像酷爱牌饮料的广告……

Mike: Oh yeah!

哦也!

Julian: [laughs] Which really undoes what we’re trying to say with the thousand pounder. And it kind of stole some of the thunder of the siege breaker who does that later on. I think, very late in the game, not three weeks before we were scheduled to be done with that we got some concept that looked like he was being beamed in Star Trek style. My department did an emergency powwow and we weren’t really happy with that, and so we asked ourselves so what do we really want to see here? And the hardest thing we could think to do was what we ended up doing, and we’re all scared, could we get it done? It was an enormous amount of work and we were going to have to convince other teams to help us. We needed help from modeling, we needed help from animation. But there was just this really cool commitment from everybody that this was the best thing to do, and we were going to put a lot of overtime in. We just crammed on it in two weeks, and that’s what popped out.

(笑)我们想要揭开的是我们如何处理千斤坠这个怪物。这后来借鉴了破城者(Siege Breaker)的一些设定。在游戏公布晚期,就在我们计划完成的三周前我们得到一些像星际迷航一样的概念构想。我的部门制作成了突发性的仪式,但是我们不是很喜欢那样,所以我们问自己我们到底想要看到什么效果?最难的是我们能够想到的是最终的结果,我们都被吓到了,我们能完成么?这是一项巨大的工作,我们不得不说服其他队伍帮助我们。我们需要建模的帮助,我们需要动画的帮助。但是每个人都承诺最好这样做,我们开始加班加点。我们两周内就完成了任务,也就是最终呈现的效果。

Bashiok: Very cool, and is that something we’ll see in the final game you think?

很好,你认为我们会在最终游戏里见到什么吗?

Julian: Oh yeah, in fact I think there’s been a lot of off-shoot ideas. Like every other monster in the game, where applicable, we ended building a skeletal structure into him, and even a muscular set and things like that, that you see. And those things are functional, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you see skeletal and muscular thousand pounders running around, maybe half-summoned, and that sort of thing. There’s a lot of leeway with it.

当然事实上有很多细枝末节的想法。就像游戏中其他合适的怪物一样,我们最终为千斤坠制作了一个骷髅结构,甚至一个肌肉形态或者类似的,如你所见。这些很有用,所以你要是见到骷髅形态或是肌肉形态的千斤坠我不会惊讶,它可能是召唤了一半的,就是这样。有很多灵活发挥的余地。

[ 27:10 ]

野蛮人怒气系统的演示Flash下载:

http://eu.blizzard.com/blizzcast/_flash/videos/fury_blizzcast8.flv

Bashiok: Very cool, and last but not least you’re both working on a system which is the barbarian’s fury system. So, the fury system for those that don’t know, the barbarian uses a sort of reverse mana system. It’s not using mana as it uses abilities, but it builds up as he’s fighting, so it kind of… he gets angry and he’s chopping dudes down and he gets more and more fury to use for his abilities. But that’s actually changed quite a bit, can you guys go over how UI and effects are coming together to create the new fury system?

当然事实上有很多细枝末节的想法。就像游戏中其他合适的怪物一样,我们最终为千斤坠制作了一个骷髅结构,甚至一个肌肉形态或者类似的,如你所见。这些很有用,所以你要是见到骷髅形态或是肌肉形态的千斤坠我不会惊讶,它可能是召唤了一半的,就是这样。有很多灵活发挥的余地。

Mike: Yeah well it’s always an, again, an iterative process right, and one of the problems we had with one of the systems we had tried out was – it worked – but from a peripheral vision you couldn’t see what was going on. We wanted to be very clear and very bold about what was being done, so traditionally what happens is design will come to me and we’ll talk about what are the goals we need to accomplish. And then I’ll do some mockups and then I take it over to Julian and hope he can make those mockups look far better than my mockups.

是的,它一直是,强调一下,是一个反复的过程,我们研究系统中的问题,制作,发挥作用——但是从视觉上你们是看不到怎么样的。我们希望对我们做的东西很明确和清楚的,所以按惯例设计工作归我,然后我们讨论需要达到的目标。之后我就做一些模型并交给Julian,然后希望他能将这些模型更加完善。

Julian: And I think where we’re at right now with it is the recognition that spending your fury is what we really want you to be doing, we want you to see it as a commodity to spend in order to gain access to more power, and that wasn’t really being communicated so clearly with the other one. So we’re trying to accomplish that goal of making it more, yeah, you know when to spend, you know what you’re spending but you don’t necessarily have to look directly at it. So effects plays a little bit of a role there, but I think we’re trying to not put effects in there just for effects’ sake, but only do it when we think that it’s going to help you really read and understand what’s going on.

我想目前我们需要承认的是让你们不停使用怒气确实是我们希望你们做的,我们希望你们将它看成消耗品一样来使用,这样可以获得更多的能量,这在另一方面说的不是很明确。所以我们尽力完成做的更多的目标,使得,你知道什么时候使用,你不需要直接盯着看就知道是用了多少。所以对一个角色是有多多少少的效果,但那时我想我们尽量做到不是为了效果而做效果,仅仅做玩家确实需要看和了解的哪些部分。

Mike: Yeah, before one of the problems was you would see the build up more than what you had to spend. Like you would build your fury up, and then you know “bonged”, and you’d have an amount you could spend. But everything was sharing the same visual space and you couldn’t necessarily discern one from the other. And again from an art standpoint, sure it worked, it was ok, but it wasn’t conveying the gameplay. And gameplay is king, you’ve got to make sure that it comes across in every way.

是的,之前的一个问题是你积累的比你花去的多很多。(指过多的攒怒气而不知道恰当时机使用造成浪费。)好比你会让你的怒气提升,你就会听到“咣”一声,这样你就知道可以使用怒气可。但是所有信息都在一个屏幕里,你不需要把一个到另一个弄的很清楚。并且从艺术立场看,这确实是有效的,但这不表示玩法。玩法才是王道,你必须让玩法深入每一个角落。

Bashiok: Can you describe for those listening what it currently looks like?

你能把这些描述一下看起来像什么样么?

Mike: Let's see… if I had to use a cruel comment, one that I made myself as I was making it, oh "It's the fury traffic light". Because it's three spheres stacked vertically, and no we’re not making them three different colors, but you know as I was doing it I was like oh great, it pretty much well assures us that we are not doing different colors because it will well indeed look like a traffic light. But that’s the gist of it, because when you're playing hopefully your vision is in the center of the screen, and this is going to be to your right and down below. So you need to see a very bright graphic that kind of flashes to let you know, that even if you flick your eyes down there you’ll see I've got two or three of whatever that is to spend. Really that was the goal. Hopefully Julian and his team will ramp it up, so that, because we want it to catch your eye while you’re doing it, but not be a distraction.

让我想想……如果我用一种不恰当的注释,我必须说,哈,“就是一个怒气红绿灯”。因为他是三个垂直叠放球体,我们没做成一三种颜色,但是你知道我把它做成我喜欢的样子了,它大体很不错了这确保了我们不会用不同的颜色,不然就真成了红绿灯了。但这是它的关键所在,因为当你希望你玩的版本是在屏幕中心的,但是现在确实在你右下角。所以你需要看到一个醒目的动态指示,即使你撇一眼也知道我已经有2个或者3个球怒气可以用了。这就是我们的目标,希望Julian和他的小组能让它更好。所以我们希望你玩的时候能关注到但不会让你分心。

[ 30:40 ]

Bashiok: Right, sounds like a cool system. I’m looking forward to it. For those listening on iTunes or elsewhere be sure to check the BlizzCast website because we will have images and some art assets to check out for this interview. And that about wraps it up, I want to thank Julian and Mike for joining me here today.

确实,听起来是个很酷的系统。我很期待。现在正在通过iTunes或者被的方法收听暴雪广播的请关注我们的网站,因为我们有截图和艺术画等同步奉上。差不多了,非常感谢Julian和Mike今天的参与。

Julian: You’re welcome.

不客气。

Mike: Thanks for having me.

非常感谢。

Bashiok: And that about wraps it up for BlizzCast 8, I want to thank you very much for listening. This has been Bashiok, signing off.

第8期暴雪广播就到这里了,非常感谢您的收听。我是Bashiok。88

[ 本帖最后由 beidou_7 于 2009-4-6 13:35 编辑 ]
已有 1 人评分金钱 收起 理由
bullfrog_x + 8 辛苦~

总评分: 金钱 + 8   查看全部评分

使用道具 举报

☆ 希尔瓦娜斯亲卫 ☆
游侠元老版主
『欧美战略游戏区』
费伍德森林·复仇天神·追风者
吴·主簿
★★★★★★★★

元老版主勋章版主勋章资深版主勋章大头像勋章

帖子
精华
积分
金钱
荣誉
人气
评议

沙发
发表于 2009-4-2 00:01:11 |只看该作者
不错……一点点的完善起来就好了~

使用道具 举报

帖子
精华
积分
金钱
荣誉
人气
评议
板凳
发表于 2009-4-2 00:45:02 |只看该作者
希望10年出SC2,11年出DIO3。实在太爱BLZ的游戏了

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

手机版|Archiver|游侠NETSHOW论坛 ( 苏ICP备2023007791号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 16:58 , Processed in 0.326858 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, Memcache On.